Financial Assistance Program Summary
Results Physiotherapy Together with Ascension Saint Thomas
Effective May 24th, 2021
It is the policy of the Organization, Results Physiotherapy together with Ascension St Thomas, to ensure a socially just practice for providing medically necessary care at the Organization’s facilities. Our program is specifically designed to address the financial assistance eligibility for patients who are in need of financial assistance and receive care from the Organization. This policy applies to each of the former Ascension St Thomas (AST) clinics now managed by Results Physiotherapy as part of our collaboration with Ascension Saint Thomas. Project Access maintains a list of available locations.
Financial Assistance Available
Results Physiotherapy Together with Ascension Saint Thomas has partnered with Project Access Nashville Specialty Care (PANSC) (www.projectaccessnashville.com) to administer our Financial Assistance and Charity Care program.
Project Access Nashville Specialty Care is a program under the leadership of the Nashville Academy of Medicine and the Medical Foundation of Nashville which provides a coordinated system of care to low-income, uninsured residents of middle Tennessee through a partnership with the Metro Nashville Health Department and the Safety Net Consortium of Middle Tennessee. Furthermore, PANSC has the resources and knowledge of federal or state funded programs such as Medicare, VA services or Medicaid in order to screen patients for insurance eligibility.
PANSC has established a referral process that links patients to a network of community-based medical clinics, physician specialists, collaborating hospitals, and ancillary partners including Results Physiotherapy together with Ascension therapy clinics.
PANSC will be responsible for processing and approving all charity care applicants that are requesting rehabilitation based services in our clinics. These services include PT, OT and Speech Therapy for traditional orthopedic patients as well as those requiring neurologic, developmental or lymphedema care.
- All patients referred by the Project Access Nashville Specialty Care office (MFN) will have been previously treated by a primary care provider who has determined that a referral to a specialist is needed.
- All patients referred by the Project Access Nashville Specialty Care office (MFN) will have been pre-screened for insurance coverage and confirmed uninsured and ineligible for public insurance (i.e. TennCare).
- All patients referred by the Project Access Nashville Specialty Care office (MFN) will have documented family income, and only those whose family income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty level will be eligible for referral to a participating provider.
- All patients referred by the Project Access Nashville Specialty Care office (MFN) will receive a PAN Specialty Care identification card that the patient will present when seeking services.
- The first appointment for each participant in Project Access Nashville will be coordinated and scheduled by the Project Access Nashville Specialty Care office (MFN).
- The Project Access Nashville Specialty Care office (MFN) will communicate to the Results Physiotherapy AST clinic confirming the appointment date and time and including information about the patient.
- Project Access Nashville Specialty Care patients will be referred to the next available participating location / clinician on a rotating basis so that qualifying patients are distributed on an equitable basis.